Thursday, May 30, 2013

Interview

A livestream interview with Julian Assange, still unable to leave the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.  Mr. Assange talks about internet activist Jeremy Hammond, Bradley Manning, and his own case with Wikileaks.  Bradley Manning goes on trial next week.  Yesterday, various news sources reported that Mr. Hammond plea bargained a ten year sentence - and in order to avoid a possible 30 year sentence because of overzealous prosecution.  He has already served 15 months with weeks in solitary confinement.  Mr. Hammond stated,
"Now that I have pleaded guilty it is a relief to be able to say that I did work with Anonymous to hack [private intelligence firm] Stratfor, among other websites. Those others included military and police equipment suppliers, private intelligence and information security firms, and law enforcement agencies. I did this because I believe people have a right to know what governments and corporations are doing behind closed doors. I did what I believe is right."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment